London Street Style...Fashion's Night Out


He was at Fashion's Night Out to support his girlfriend, one of the designers behind the hot new shoe label, Bionda Castana, which is stocked at Browns.
I noticed his suit and how well it fit him thinking to myself, okay, it will probably be from one of the Savile Row tailors but when I asked him I got a surprise: it was from Reiss! BUT and this is the key I think, he had it altered to fit his exact measurements by his tailor.

I think I read recently in a Times article that Carine Roitfeld does the same thing with almost all of the clothes she buys- she has them altered by what she terms her "retoucher" because "nothing is perfect or exactly the right length".

We might not all be able to afford bespoke but spending a little on alterations (sleeve length is a big one for me) can make the world of difference.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More