Street Style: Harem Pants....For Girls

Yesterday it was Harem trousers for the boys. Today the girls, Donna (above) and Paulina (below), embrace the Harem/Drop-crotch trend*.

I think the key to wearing the Harem trouser is to keep the top half of your outfit fairly structured to avoid having too much volume everywhere- you don't want to risk getting lost in too much fabric and going down the Hammertime route.

Love the gold studding on the back of Donna's shoes: an unexpected detail to toughen up the look...from behind.


I love how Paulina has dressed her drop-crotch jumpsuit down with a little pair of white sneakers and a fresh, stripey shrunken blazer. Remove the jacket for night, add a pair of killer heels and some big, bold jewellery and voila, it's right for night as well!


*I think this is one trend which very much evokes strong cries of "OMG I LOVE harem pants or OMG I HATE harem pants!" Whichever way you fall, I think it is wise to remember that fashion is about having fun, taking some risks and remembering that the world would be a very boring place if we all dressed exactly the same :)


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More