Sun Envy

Okay, okay, so I know in my last post I was banging on about staycations BUT the weather has been so terribly grey (not slate, not gunmetal... just plain ole grey) and cold in London over the last week or so (and just as I am typing the sun is peeping out!) that I have been forced to trawl photos from our trip to Tuscany last year for some much needed sun lovin'.

And dang, was it HOT when we were there at the end of June! At the risk of sounding like I am never satisfied ;-), I would say that it was a teensy bit too hot even for a born and bred Queenslander. However it was nothing that couldn't be soothed with some icy cold gelato, tall glasses of limoncello and plates of buffalo mozzarella, ripe tomatoes and torn basil leaves. And a pool and a fan, and some thongs.....

Ms Ewah's tanned arm, G&T and reading material:



A wonderful stranger in Panzano in Chianti (still one of my favourite strangers even though we could only communicate with each other through smiles and hand signals):





A cat driving a kitty-cat mobeel in Panzano in Chianti:


This little doggie's name was Cookie! His mum and dad were obviously doing alright (check out the symbol on the wheel and those oh-so-practical white leather seats!):





View of the setting sun from our villa:



Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More